Piano - Early Intermediate
Composed by Various. Edited by Helen Marlais. Performance. The FJH Pianist's Curriculum. This title is on the 2017-2021 National Federation of Music Clubs list. Book. The FJH Music Company Inc #FJH1555. Published by The FJH Music Company Inc (FJ.FJH1555).
Item Number: FJ.FJH1555
Book 4 of In Recital(r) Vol. Two offers tips on recital preparation, a Preparing for Success practice guide, a Creating a Story feature, and During and After the Recital, as part of a progressive discussion on the art of performance. New elements include: sixteenth note patterns, compound meters, inversions of major, minor, and diminished I, IV, and V chords, hand-over-hand arpeggios, some L.H. melodic passages, and more intricate accompaniments. Contents include solos and arrangements, plus classical and patriotic themes: An equal part duet version of Bizet's Habanera (arr. Olson), and a solo arrangement of Battle Hymn of the Republic (arr. Bober).
About In Recital Throughout the Year
In Recital Throughout the Year is a series that focuses on fabulous repertoire, intended to motivate your students. We know that to motivate, the teacher must challenge the student with attainable goals. This series makes that possible.
* Musically engaging pieces by leading FJH composers and arrangers
* Addresses the technical strengths and weaknesses of students
* Carefully leveled to ensure attainable goalsÃ‘crucial in motivating students
* Recital repertoire for the entire year
* Original solos and duets
* Arrangements of famous classical themes
* Pieces for Halloween, Christmas, and Fourth of July recitals
* A progressive discussion by Dr. Helen Marlais on the art of performance
* Companion CD included