Singing voice, strings (Soprano Voice Solo, Alto Voice Solo, 2 V, Va, Continuo(Vc, double bass, Org))
For Soprano, Alto, Strings and Basso Continuo. Composed by Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710-1736). Edited by Caroline Ritchie and Malcolm Bruno. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Score. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA07679. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA07679).
Item Number: BA.BA07679
ISBN 9790006528844. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Language: Latin, Text Language: Latin. Preface: Malcolm Bruno/Caroline Ritchie.
TheStabat mater, composed shortly before Pergolesi's untimely death at the early age of 26, quickly attracted attention. The work's importance was soon so great that none other than Johann Sebastian Bach performed a German version of the work based on the 51st Psalm. Numerous copies, prints and arrangements attest to the work's vast popularity, a popularity that still exists today.
For the present edition, the autograph was for the first time compared to a very early Neapolitan score that is presumably based on the parts from the work's premiere. The findings have influenced the musical text; the details are described in the critical commentary.
- The popular work is presented in a well researched Urtext edition
- Clear, idiomatic piano reduction
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding