Solo soprano voice, 2 solo alto voice, 2 solo tenor voice, 2 solo bass voice, Mixed choir-SATB, orchestra - Level 3
Composed by Marc-Antoine Charpentier (1645-1704). Edited by Helga Schauerte Maubouet. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Score. H 9. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA07592. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA07592).
Item Number: BA.BA07592
ISBN 9790006521302. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Language: Latin, Text Language: Latin. Preface: Helga Schauerte-Maubouet.
Probably composed in 1690, the Messe de Minuit pour Noel, H 9, is perhaps Marc-Antoine Charpentier's best-known composition after the Te Deum, H 146. The special appeal of thisMass for the Midnight Service on Christmas Evelies in its use of no fewer than ten traditional French carols while impressively revealing Charpentier's mastery of the concertante style.
The eight solo vocalists (SSAATTBB) can easily be taken from the chorus. They are divided into three groups - one group of two sopranos and two groups each comprising alto, tenor and bass - which interact with the chorus and instruments. This new edition represents the current state of scholarship and offers a completely revised Urtext of Charpentier's masterpiece.
- Urtext based on the latest scholarly research
- Straightforward and easy-to-play keyboard reduction
- Duration: approx. 25 minutes
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding