Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Franz Liszt (1811-1886). Edited by Ernst-Gunter Heinemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Rec. DipABRM since 2005: DipABRSM -- ABRSM 2018 remarks: recommended. Classical. Softcover. 24 pages. G. Henle #HN634. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480634).
Item Number: HL.51480634
ISBN 9790201806341. 9.25x12.25 inches.
These Drei Notturnos appeared in 1850 in two different versions: the first for high voice and piano and the second for piano solo. In the latter version the music is preceded by the song texts (no. I Hohe Liebe, no. II Seliger Tod: with texts by Ludwig Uhland, no. III O lieb, so land Du lieben kannst: text by Ferdinand Freiligrath). The third Liebestraum – in the best tradition of nocturnes – is one of the most frequently played piano pieces of all. This is not least because it can be played by very skilled amateurs despite its pianistic bravura (our level of difficulty is 6/7).
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.