Piano (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Franz Liszt (1811-1886). Edited by Rena Charnin Mueller. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical. Collection (softcover). With introductory text, performance notes and fingerings. 43 pages. G. Henle #HN481. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480481).
Item Number: HL.51480481
ISBN 9790201804811. 9x12 inches.
In March 1848 Liszt took up residence in Weimar with his new partner Princess Carolyne Sayn-Wittgenstein, thus entering a more settled period. Not least encouraged by his partner, he turned his back on his career as a virtuoso and started concentrating on composing; in summer 1848 he finished work on the studies known today as Il lamento, La leggierezza and Un sospiro. Unlike Liszt's early studies that concentrated more on piano technique, the new concert studies are dominated by poetic ideas and tonal concept. They are often played in recitals and number amongst the compulsory pieces at music conservatories and piano competitions.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.