Strings Piano, Violin (Violin and Piano) - Henle Level 3-5
Composed by Antonin Dvorak (1841-1904). Edited by Milan Pospisil. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score = VII and 21 * Vl Part = 7. Classical. Softcover. 28 pages. G. Henle #HN466. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480466).
Item Number: HL.51480466
ISBN 9790201804668. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Antonín Dvorák's chamber music output comprises over forty works. That he became known so quickly beyond the borders of Bohemia was due not least to the many discerning music afficionados who enjoyed playing his works. In the 19th century, domestic music-making was everywhere, and Dvorak's Romantic Pieces for violin and piano op. 75 were also intended for music-making in private circles. Dvorak's autograph has served as the basis of our Urtext edition of op. 75. Its preface provides many details concerning the genesis of the work, which was originally conceived as a string trio. We were able to engage Dvorak specialist Milan Pospisil as editor of this edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)