Strings Piano Accompaniment, Violin (Violin and Basso Continuo) - Henle Level 5-6
Composed by Franz Benda. Edited by Sonja Gerlach. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score = XV and 61 * Vl Part = 32 * Basso Part = 24. Classical. Softcover. 134 pages. G. Henle #HN455. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480455).
Item Number: HL.51480455
ISBN 9790201804552. 9.25x12.25 inches.
“Gallant” and “sensitive” by no means implies boring and old-fashioned. Proof of this is given by Franz (Frantisek) Benda, the Bohemian Paganini of the 18th Century. Not only was his life extrememly colourful and successful, but also his musical compositions that were primarily for the violin. They are great examples of his compositional ability and mastery of the violin. Our highly praised Urtext edition with six selected sonatas from the master's different creative periods – including four first publications –will provide a rich experience for all those violinists who are prepared to step off the usual beaten track. Your efforts will rewarded!
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)