Piano Piano Duet, 2 Pianos, 4 Hands (2 Pianos, 4-hands) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
With original Cadenzas. Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Hans-werner Kuthen. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Piano Reduction-paper bound. Classical Period. Single piece (softcover). With introductory text and fingerings. 100 pages. G. Henle #HN435. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480435).
Item Number: HL.51480435
ISBN 9790201804354. 9x12 inches.
Ludwig van Beethoven composed his five large piano concertos over a period of twenty-five years. When the composer sold his first two piano concertos in late 1800, he mentioned that he had even “better” ones which for the time being he was keeping for himself until he went on tour. He probably meant a concert tour with the just finished Third Piano Concerto in C minor, which is presented here in a piano reduction. The edition, of our customary Urtext quality, is arranged for practical use and based on the Beethoven Complete Edition, for which Beethoven's autograph served as the source. The detailed editor's preface – by Beethoven scholar Hans-Werner Kuthen – concludes with valuable information about the edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.