Chamber Ensemble Violin, Cello and Piano (Violin, Violoncello and Piano)
For piano, violin, and cello. Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809). Edited by Irmgard Becker-Glauch. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: Score = VI and 189 * Vl Part = 46 * Vc Part = 36. Classical. Softcover. 278 pages. G. Henle #HN411. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480411).
Item Number: HL.51480411
ISBN 9790201804118. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Joseph Haydn's nearly forty piano trios are available in five volumes from G. Henle. These are based on the Haydn Complete Edition, likewise published by Henle. This fourth volume contains the nine Piano Trios Hob. XV:18-26, which Haydn probably composed during his second sojourn in England (1794/95). Prefixed to this Urtext edition is a detailed preface by the editor that provides information about the trio's genesis, dedicatees and notational idiosyncrasies. The piano largely dominates in these “sonatas for the pianoforte with accompaniment of violin and violoncello”, as they were titled in the first edition. In fact, for long stretchess the violin doubles the right hand of the piano at the unison (with the violoncello doing the same for the piano left-hand part). The two string instruments nonetheless contribute significantly to the impact of this music, and the violin is occasionally entrusted with the melodic line on its own.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)