Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by W. Boetticher. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical. Single piece (softcover). With introductory text, fingerings and performance notes. 45 pages. G. Henle #HN276. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480276).
Item Number: HL.51480276
Schumann's great C-major Fantasy, Op. 17, was originally intended to be published as a “Sonata for Beethoven” entitled “Ruins, Trophies, Palms. Grand Sonata.” Although he eventually abandoned this plan, he maintained the Fantasy's mighty design. Writing to his fiancée Clara Wieck in March 1838, he called the first movement “perhaps the most impassioned music I have ever written.” Accordingly, it marks a point of culmination in his piano music, forming an exemplary combination of passion, delicacy, and virtuosity – a demanding, highly romantic work for ambitious pianists! Our volume presents a thorough revision of the musical text as well as an informative preface and text-critical commentary.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.