Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by Ernst Herttrich. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical. Single piece (softcover). With introductory text, performance notes and fingerings. 49 pages. G. Henle #HN253. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480253).
Item Number: HL.51480253
ISBN 9790201802534. 9x12 inches.
Kapellmeister Kreisler, the ingenious and eccentric conductor created by E.T.A. Hoffmann, served as the inspiration for this composition of 1838. Schumann set out to recreate this fictitious character in music. The result was “Kreisleriana,” a set of fantastical, at times scurrilous and always seemingly improvised pieces that directly reflect the romantic sensibility that Kreisler personifies. If ever music was demonic, it would have to be these eight superb piano fantasies that Schumann tossed off in a few days! Ernst Herttrich's thoroughly revised new edition provides a thoughtful preface by this Schumann connoisseur and discusses the major editorial problems while giving them exemplary solutions.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.