Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Versions 1837 and 1852. Composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by Ernst Herttrich. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Rec. FRSM since 2005: FRSM -- ABRSM 2018 remarks: recommended. Classical. Score and Parts. 112 pages. G. Henle #HN248. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480248).
Item Number: HL.51480248
ISBN 9790201802480. 9.25x12.25 inches.
A secret engagement, a composer as prospective father-in-law and several rival publishing houses – it was against this backdrop that the work was composed. His youthful and passionate love for Ernestine von Fricken was short-lived, but it occasioned Schumann in 1837 to write the “intensely emotional variations” on a theme of her father's, which were eventually to become the “Orchestral etudes.” Fifteen years later a new edition was published, authorized by Schumann, containing such important changes that we have included both versions. In our revised issue the editor Ernst Herttrich has provided each version with its own preface and an extensive commentary.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.