Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
Revised Edition - with Comments in English. Composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by Ernst Herttrich. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical. Single piece (softcover). With introductory text and performance notes. 49 pages. G. Henle #HN187. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480187).
Item Number: HL.51480187
ISBN 9790201801872. 9x12 inches.
Schumann's turbulent love-affair with the barely eighteen-year-old Ernestine von Fricken, though strong enough to lead to a secret engagement, lasted only a few months. Nevertheless, it managed to give rise to one of his most frequently played compositions: Carnaval. Some of these twenty-one character pieces are named after figures from the commedia dell'arte, others after such fictitious creations as Florestan and Eusebius, in which Schumann acknowledges his own split personality. The mysterious way that these figures relate to specific people in Schumann's surroundings – and the deeper significance of the recurring motifs Ab-C-B and A-Eb-C-B - are explained in the editor's detailed commentary in this revised new edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
All types of major, minor, diminished, and augmented chords spanning more than an octave. Extensive scale passages.