Piano Piano Duet, 1 Piano, 4 Hands (Piano, 4-hands) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
1 Piano, 4 Hands. Composed by Franz Schubert (1797-1828). Edited by Willi Kahl. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition without fingering-paper bound. Classical. Single piece (softcover). With introductory text. 31 pages. G. Henle #HN180. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480180).
Item Number: HL.51480180
ISBN 9790201801803. 9x12 inches.
No other great composer left as many works for piano duet as Franz Schubert. Making music with others, often in a social circle, was a solid component of the Schubertian circle of friends. With the Fantasie in F minor D 940 op. post. 103, however, Schubert completely left the sphere of social gatherings and created, in the first months of his last year of life, a work of almost symphonic form, whose elegiac atmosphere at the beginning sets the tone for the entire work. Schubert was apparently aware of the significance of the work and prepared it for printing: the autograph already contained in his hand the opus number of the first edition published in March 1829.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.