Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by Ewald Zimmermann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical Period. Single piece (softcover). K.265(300e). 10 pages. G. Henle #HN165. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480165).
Item Number: HL.51480165
ISBN 9790201801650. 9x12 inches.
Only very few piano works have become as popular as this theme with twelve variations. It already caught on soon after Mozart's death, as witnessed by the numerous handwritten copies and prints. Although nothing is known with any certainty regarding its genesis, we can now conclusively date "Ah, vous dirai-je Maman" to 1781. At that time Mozart wanted to make his way as a prominent piano teacher in Vienna. His variations still prove to be excellent teaching material. Our edition has been completely revised and also offers an extremely informative preface by the Mozart specialist Ulrich Konrad.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 7-8.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
4 and 5-note chords spanning more than an octave. Intricate rhythms and melodies.