Piano (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Rudolf Steglich. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Baroque. Single piece (softcover). With introductory text. 19 pages. G. Henle #HN160. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480160).
Item Number: HL.51480160
ISBN 9790201801605. 9x12 inches.
During the years 1713/14, when he held the position of court organist in Weimar, Bach arranged a large number of concertos by contemporary composers for keyboard or organ solo. More than 20 years later, in 1735, he published his Concerto in the Italian Style: a truly original work that can confidently be described as his “summa summarum,” the climax of this genre.
The autograph is no longer extant, which means that for Henle's Urtext edition, the first print – corrected by Bach – served as the main source. The forte and piano markings found in the work signalize the alternation between imaginary tutti and solo sections.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.