Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Frederic Chopin (1810-1849). Edited by Ewald Zimmermann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Romantic Period. Collection (softcover). With Critical Commentary. 110 pages. G. Henle #HN131. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480131).
Item Number: HL.51480131
ISBN 9790201801315. 9x12 inches.
Chopin revolutionized the etude – but he ennobled the waltz. He spent much time on this genre throughout his life and created a wide spectrum of forms, from virtuosic showpieces – the Grandes Vales Brillantes – to deeply melancholic atmospheric pictures. All these works have one thing in common: one cannot and should not dance to them! Our volume contains all of the waltzes that were published during Chopin's lifetime, or posthumously, including popular masterpieces such as the so-called “Minute Waltz” (op. 64 no. 1). In cases where two authentic versions of the same waltz have been transmitted, we naturally give the Urtext of both versions.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
4 and 5-note chords spanning more than an octave. Intricate rhythms and melodies.