Piano Piano (Piano solo) - SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by Ernst Herttrich. Arranged by Ernst Herttrich. Piano (Harpsichord). Henle Music Folios. Pages: 9. Classical. Softcover. 16 pages. G. Henle #HN84. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480084).
Item Number: HL.51480084
ISBN 9790201800844. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Composed in Vienna in 1838 along with several other shorter pieces, Schumann's Arabesque has found a permanent place in the general piano repertoire. It may owe its lightness and grace to Schumann's urge to “rise up and become the favorite composer of all the ladies of Vienna.” As a result, the Arabesque is a prime example of entertainment music in the best sense of the word. The musical text of this new edition has been thoroughly revised and provided with an informative preface and editorial notes.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
All types of major, minor, diminished, and augmented chords spanning more than an octave. Extensive scale passages.