Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by Ullrich Scheideler and Bertha Antonia Wallner. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical Period. Single piece (softcover). 5 pages. G. Henle #HN52. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480052).
Item Number: HL.51480052
ISBN 9790201800523. 9x12 inches.
The genesis of one of Mozart's best-loved piano works, his Fantasy in D minor, is still shrouded in darkness. Even Mozart's sister, who came across the work in 1807 through the first edition, was astounded to have discovered a previously unknown composition of such quality. In its original form the Fantasy was in all probability a fragment. The closing bars that are most frequently performed today originated from an unauthorized print from 1806. We have also included these in our edition due to the lack of any others in Mozart's own hand or any other authorized source. Our single edition was put together using the musical text from the revised complete volume “Mozart Piano Pieces” (HN 22 and 9022).
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
4 and 5-note chords spanning more than an octave. Intricate rhythms and melodies.