Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by W. Boetticher. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Urtext edition-paper bound. Classical. Collection (softcover). 15 pages. G. Henle #HN44. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480044).
Item Number: HL.51480044
ISBN 9790201800448. 9x12 inches.
"As far as the Scenes from Childhood are concerned, I owe them one of the liveliest pleasures of my life." These words were uttered by none other than Franz Liszt. In the evenings he often enjoyed playing part of them, not only for his little daughter Blandine-Rachel but also for his own pleasure. Even today, the "Scenes from Childhood" still raise the question as to whether they were written for children or adults. Schumann himself described them as being the reminiscences of an older person for older people, but did not deny that "several children's heads were in his mind when composing them". Ernst Herttrich has revised our well-loved edition, incorporating the latest scholarly findings. In the appendix he also takes a stand on the metronome markings which were taken over from an early print.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 6-8.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
4 and 5-note chords spanning more than an octave. Intricate rhythms and melodies.