Piano Piano solo (Piano) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Das Wohltemperierte Klavier - Urtext edition. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Yo Tomita. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Pages: 136. Baroque. Collection (paper bound). With standard notation, fingerings, introductory text and thematic index (does not include words to the songs). G. Henle #HN16. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480016).
Item Number: HL.51480016
ISBN 9790201800165. 9x12 inches.
The world-famous pianist Andras Schiff, a most familiar name to Bach fans on account of his complete recordings of Bach's piano works, has provided fingerings for both parts of the Well-Tempered Clavier. He discusses aspects of performance practice in a detailed preface. The basis for the musical text was Henle's revised edition of Part I published in 1997 and Yo Tomita's brand new revision of Part II (spring 2007). The eminent Bach scholar Tomita discusses the complicated source situation of Part II in an extensive preface. A detailed commentary rounds off the edition. Both parts of the Well-Tempered Clavier are also available as Henle Urtext editions without fingerings and as study editions.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 9-10.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.