Solo voices, choir, orchestra (2 Soprano Voice Solo, 2 Tenor Voice Solo, Bass Voice Solo, 2 speaker, SATB Choir, Fl-picc, 2 Fl, 2 Ob, 2 clarinet, 2 BaHn, 2 bassoon, 2 Hn, 2 Trp, timpani, Tri, Be, Turkische Trommel, 2 V, 2 Va, Vc, double bass, Hammerflugel or harpisc. ad lib.)
German singspiel in 3 acts. Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by Gerhard Croll. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Study Score. K. 384. Duration 48 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #TP00311. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.TP00311).
Item Number: BA.TP00311
ISBN 9790006204182. 22.5 x 16.5 cm inches. Language: German, Text Language: German. Preface: Croll, Gerhard / Leisinger, Ulrich. Text: Bretzner, Christoph Friedrich / Stephanie, Johann Gottlieb der Jungere.
This study score is based on the editor Gerhard Croll's 1982 publication of the opera as part of the"New Mozart Edition", as well as on the critical commentary from 2002 by Faye Ferguson.
The findings and corrections from the critical commentary have been incorporated in this new study score edition, ensuring that it reflects the latest scholarly research. Numerous editorial errors have been corrected, and unsolved questions regarding the authenticity of additions and amendments to the autograph have been resolved. This is thanks to the almost complete survival of the work's original performance material and a second copy of the full score, which had only been made available after the publication of the"New Mozart Edition".
- New edition based on the Urtext of the"New Mozart Edition", reflecting recent scholarly findings
- Includes a new foreword (Ger/Eng)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding