Violin, piano - Level 4
Composed by Franz Schubert (1797-1828). Edited by Helmut Wirth. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. Barenreiter Urtext. Performance score, part(s). Opus post. 159, D 934. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA05620. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA05620).
Item Number: BA.BA05620
ISBN 9790006472864. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Key: C major.
The additional violin part to this edition contains simplifications to the virtuoso part as well as fingering and bowing which with all probabilty stem from Josef Slawjk . The violinist Slawjk worked together several times with Schubert and he gave the first performance of the Fantasia in January 1828.
- Enlarged, with an additional violin part based on the first edition (1850)
- With a new preface by Werner Aderhold
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding