Piano (solo, duet - see contents) - SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
Alternative versions, ammendments and addtions included in appendix / with the supplement "Mirror Fugues for two Harpsichords. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Klaus Hofmann. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Baroque. Piano book. With introductory text, performance notes and manuscript facsimiles. BWV 1080. 156 pages. Duration 30 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA05207. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA05207).
Item Number: BA.BA05207
ISBN 9790006503674. 9x12 inches.
Alternative versions, ammendments and addtions included in appendix / with the supplement Mirror Fugues for two Harpsichords.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
About SMP Level 8 (Early Advanced)
4 and 5-note chords spanning more than an octave. Intricate rhythms and melodies.