Solo voices, choir, orchestra (solo soprano voice/solo alto voice/2 solo tenor voices/2 solo bass voices/SATB choir/2 flutes/2 oboes/oboe d'amore/oboe da caccia/strings (2 violins/viola/2 violas d'amore/viol)/lute/harpsichord/organ/basso continuo/cello/contrabass/bassoon/organ/harpsich) - Level 4
Passio secundum Johannem. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Arthur Mendel. This edition: complete edition, urtext edition. Linen. New Bach Edition. Series II, Volume 4. Passionen (Passion Music, Easter). Score. BWV 245. Duration 2 hours, 22 minutes. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA5037-01).
Item Number: BA.BA5037-01
ISBN 9790006462155. 33 x 26 cm inches. Language: German.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding