Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Woodwind Quintet, Tuba, Horn in F, Double Bass, Handbell, chamber winds, tentet, decet, dectet, symphonic winds, double wind quintet, natural horn, bells - Intermediate - Digital Download
Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Arranged by Ray Thompson. Classical Period, Christmas. Score, Set of Parts. 20 pages. Published by RayThompsonMusic (S0.396249).
Item Number: S0.396249
Mozart composed this set of three Teutsche (German Dances) in the early months of 1791. The three dances of K. 605 are usually listed with the six dances of K. 600 and the four of K. 602 as Dreizehn deutsche Tänze (Thirteen German Dances). The pieces first appear on 12 February 1791 on Mozart's List of all my Works, and are the penultimate set of German Dances that Mozart would compose before his death on 5 December 1791.
- Dance 3 Schlittenfahrt: This dance may have been written independently of the other 2, as it is very different in style. Schlittenfahrtmeans "Sleigh Ride"; the use of sleigh bells in the piece clearly emphasises this.
- In the trio the flautists could play sleigh bells in lieu of the quarter notes.
- Mozart wrote for 5 tuned sleigh bells
- It is arranged here for wind dectet. Optional horn parts in C basso provided.(and bass)
- Something different for your Christmas gig!
About SMP Press
This product was created by a member of SMP Press, our global community of independent composers, arrangers, and songwriters. Our independent musicians have created unique compositions and arrangements for the Sheet Music Plus community, many of which are not available anywhere else.
Click here to see more titles from these independent creators and to learn more about SMP Press.
Please note this product may not be eligible for all sales, promotions or coupons offered through Sheet Music Plus - please check promotional details for specifics.