Piano (Piano solo) - x, x
Arrangement for Piano Solo by Liszt. Composed by Robert Schumann. Edited by Annette Oppermann. Arranged by Franz Liszt. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 20 pages. G. Henle #HN1356. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481356).
Item Number: HL.51481356
ISBN 9790201813561. 9x12 inches.
In his virtuosic piano arrangement of Schumann's “Widmung” (“Du meine Seele, du mein Herz”), Franz Liszt transformed this intimate song into a dramtic declaration that reaches its powerful climax at the phrase “Mein guter Geist, mein bess'res Ich,” using chords to be played con somma passione. In Liszt's autograph the melody is overlaid by the song text, but he changes the title to “Liebeslied.” The first edition, published in Leipzig in 1848, retained this heading, and thus the song is still known today under two different titles. In collaboration with Liszt scholar Mária Eckhardt Henle Verlag presents this best-known of all of Liszt's Schumann arrangements in a reliable Henle Urtext quality edition.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)