Piano, violin, viola, cello - Level 3
Composed by Antonin Dvorak (1841-1904). Edited by Robin Tait. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Replaces H 2552. Performance score, set of parts. Opus 23. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09574. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09574).
Item Number: BA.BA09574
ISBN 9790260107885. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Key: D major. Preface: David R. Beveridge.
Dvorak's Piano Quartet in D major, though composed at the height of the composer's artistic maturity, is to date unjustly overshadowed by his more popular works. It was written within the space of 18 days in the summer of 1875 and was later revised, probably in preparation for its publication. This revision, which was taken into account for the first edition issued by the publisher Schlesinger, Berlin in 1880, serves as the primary source for this new Urtext edition.
--New detailed Foreword (English/Czech/German) by Dvorak scholar David R. Beveridge
--Critical Commentary (Eng)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding