Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809). Edited by Bernhard Moosbauer and Holger M. Stuwe. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA10804. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA10804).
Item Number: BA.BA10804
ISBN 9790006538478. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Preface: Moosbauer, Bernhard / Stuwe, Holger M.
Haydn's late piano sonatas Hob. XVI:40-42 (1784) and Hob. XVI:48-52 (1788-95) reveal him to be a distinctive and consummate master in terms of form and expression. These technically brilliant works, the quintessence of his sonata output, reflect the fresh inspiration he received in London.
This new Urtext edition presents these piano sonatas in a spacious engraving. The early version of the second movement of the Sonata in C major, Hob. XVI:50, is reproduced in the appendix. Rounding off this performing edition are historically informed fingering and valuable notes on period performance practice by Rebecca Maurer, a highly acclaimed harpsichord and fortepiano player.
* Critical performing edition at the cutting edge of musicology
* Valuable notes on period performance practice (Ger/Eng)
* Includes historically informed fingering
* Practical page turns
* Informative Foreword (Ger/Eng) and Critical Commentary (Eng)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding