Woodwind Quintet, Brass Quintet - Advanced Intermediate - Digital Download
Composed by Claudio Monteverdi (1567-1643). Arranged by Mike Lyons. Baroque Period, Renaissance. Score, Set of Parts. 325 pages. Published by Lyons Music Services (S0.225669).
Item Number: S0.225669
Monteverdi - The Fourth Book of Madrigals 1603
In this book, Monteverdicontinues to develop the techniques and writing practices that would eventuallyform the first opera and his “Stile Nuovo”. The polyphony becomes more complexand more tonal and the interdependence of the parts more striking. He isexperimenting with more dissonance but also moves towards more tonal writing.Although a far cry from the “I IV V and minor” of the modern pop song, he is nonethelesshelping to push forward a more diatonic type of harmony with a more dramatictonal and harmonic structure that goes much more towards true word paintingthan his previous books.
All 20 madrigals are here:
1. Ah! Dolente Partita – Oh, Sweet Parting!
2. Cor Mio Mentre Vi Miro– My Heart as I dream I turn into you.
3. Cor Mio Non Mori? E Mori – My heart didnot die? And it died
4. Sfogava con le stelle –He dallied with the stars
5. Volgea l' anima mia –Volgea my soul, so dear and sweetly shining
6. Anima mia perdona – My soul forgives
7. Che se tu se ' il cormio – That if you are as good as my heart
8. Luci Serene e Chiare – Lights, serene and clear
9. La piaga c'ho nel core– The plague is in the heart
10. Voi pur da me partite– You do not mind me, though
11. A un Giro Sol de'Begl' Occhi – At one glance of good eyes
12. Ohime se Tanto Amate – Alas! If youlike it too much
13. Io Mi Son Giovinetta – I’m a young girl,laughing and singing
14. Quel Augellin CheCanta – That little bird that sings
15. Non Più GuerraPietate – No more fighting, pray, my beautiful eyes
16. Si Ch'io Vorrei Morire – How I want to die
17. Anima Dolorosa – Sufferingsoul that lives so much pain and torment
18. Anima Del Cor Mio – Mysoul’s heart
19. Longe da Te Cor Mio –Stay away from me
20. Piagne e Sospira – Hedrinks and sighsParts are supplied to suit flexible brass or wind (or both) quintets as follows:
Flexible quintet parts are supplied as follows:
Part 1 in Bb,
Part 2 in Bb,
Part 3 in Bb/Eb/F,
Part 4 in Bb/Eb/C(Bass clef) and
Part 5 in Bb/Eb/C(Bass clef)
About SMP Press
This product was created by a member of SMP Press, our global community of independent composers, arrangers, and songwriters. Our independent musicians have created unique compositions and arrangements for the Sheet Music Plus community, many of which are not available anywhere else.
Click here to see more titles from these independent creators and to learn more about SMP Press.
Please note this product may not be eligible for all sales, promotions or coupons offered through Sheet Music Plus - please check promotional details for specifics.