Piano 1 Piano, 4 Hands (Piano, 4-hands)
1 Piano, 4 Hands. Composed by Gabriel Faure (1845-1924). Edited by Christiane Strucken-Paland. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical, Duet, French Edition, German Edition. Softcover. 48 pages. G. Henle #HN1278. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481278).
Item Number: HL.51481278
ISBN 9790201812786. 12x9 inches.
The six pieces in this little suite were written between 1893 and 1896. They were inspired by Hélène Bardac, the daughter of a singer with whom he was friends. The girl was born in 1892 and called “Dolly” on account of her small, delicate figure. The pieces, composed mainly for her birthday or the New Year, reflect the world as experienced by the growing child, from a lullaby to a temperamental dance. But it was not meant to be taken too seriously, as shown by the subtle allusions to his own music and that of others. Despite their simple basic structure these pieces, which soon became popular, contain numerous harmonic and rhythmic subtleties typical of the French composer - “children's music” that is also well suited to adults.
Introduction presented in English, German, and French.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)