Sonatas Nos. 1-50. Composed by Leopold Kozeluch (1747-1818). Edited by Christopher Hogwood. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Leopold Kozeluch. Complete Sonatas for Keyboard I-IV. Set of 4 volumes. Performance score, anthology. 87 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09515. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09515).
Item Number: BA.BA09515
ISBN 9790260107908. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Language: English/Czech/German. Preface: Christopher Hogwood.
The composer, pianist and piano teacher Leopold Kozeluch (1747-1818) was one of the leading Czech musicians in 18th-century Vienna. His 50 sonatas for keyboard bear witness not only to the transition from the harpsichord or clavichord to the pianoforte, but also to the evolution of the classical sonata at the turn of the 19th century.
Until now there have been few modern editions of this music. Our new edition, prepared by Christopher Hogwood, is the first to present all of Kozeluch's sonatas for solo keyboard.
Each of the four volumes contains 12 to 13 sonatas in chronological order by date of initial publication.
* First complete edition of the sonatas for keyboard
* Suitable for professionals and amateurs alike
* Ideal for teaching purposes
* Detailed Foreword (Eng/Cz/Ger), Critical Commentary (Eng) and facsimile pages
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding