Piano solo (Piano solo) - Henle Level 2-7
For Piano. Composed by Edvard Grieg (1843-1907). Edited by Einar Steen-NÃ¸kleberg and Ernst-Gunter Heinemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. ABRSM syllabus Grade: 6 -- TCL 2016 Grade: 8. Classical. Softcover. 252 pages. G. Henle #HN1136. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481136).
Item Number: HL.51481136
ISBN 9790201811369. 9.25x12 inches.
With his “Lyric Pieces,” Edvard Grieg was writing a kind of poetic piano diary: between 1867 and 1901 he composed 66 short character pieces, published in ten books. Pieces such as “Wedding Day at Troldhaugen,” “March of the dwarfs” or “To the spring” are among Grieg's best-known works. Alongside these fairly virtuosic pieces there are also numerous simpler dances and melodies that can be played at an early stage when learning the piano. Until now only five single books were available from Henle (51480619, 51480627, 51480644, 51480681, 51480713), but now they have published the complete collection with fingerings by the Norwegian pianist and Grieg specialist Einar Steen-Nøkleberg.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)