Piano, orchestra (piano, 2 Flutes, 2 Oboes, 2 clarinet, 2 bassoon, 2 Horns, 2 Trumpets, timpani, 2 Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass)
Composed by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827). Edited by Jonathan Del Mar. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Score. Opus 73, No. 5. Duration 38 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09025. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09025).
Item Number: BA.BA09025
ISBN 9790006559084. 32.5 x 25.5 cm inches. Key: E-flat major. Text Language: English, German. Preface: Jonathan Del Mar.
Beethoven's fifth and final piano concerto is at the same time the culmination of his efforts in this genre and a reflection of all his artistic skill and expertise. The surviving manuscripts provide a clear insight into his working methods and his intentions regarding the work's performance.
The editor, Jonathan Del Mar, has closely scrutinised the autograph solo piano part and reproduced Beethoven's sophisticated performance instructions for the first time in a modern edition. Among other things, this has special repercussions for the left-hand figured bass line of the piano part during the tutti passages.
As with the Piano Concertos Nos. 1 to 4, the piano reduction appears with a separate solo part containing all the information needed by the soloist to conduct the ensemble from the piano.
* Many wholly new corrections in the solo and orchestral parts
* Piano reduction with a separate solo part, as was customary in Beethoven's day
* With Beethoven's continuo figures for the first time in a modern edition
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding