Piano Piano, Piano Solo (Piano Solo) - SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
Revised Edition - Piano Solo Softcover Without Fingerings. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Ulrich Scheideler. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Revised edition of HN 1064, edition without fingerings. Classical. Softcover. 92 pages. G. Henle #HN1589. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481589).
Item Number: HL.51481589
ISBN 9790201815893. 9.25x12 inches.
Bach's Inventions and Sinfonias are rightly considered as indispensable to every pianist. In his famous preface to the collection, Bach himself called it an “Instruction” which teaches students and keyboard lovers to “treat correctly” both two and three voices, to “achieve a singing style in playing” and to “acquire a strong foretaste of composition”. To this end, Bach created timelessly beautiful music which has lost nothing of its relevance to us nearly 300 years after its creation. Henle now presents a new edition of this classic collection, which draws upon all known sources and offers the best in “instruction,” especially with respect to the transmitted embellishment variants. The new Bach – ideal for pianists of every age! Urtext Edition without fingering.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
All types of major, minor, diminished, and augmented chords spanning more than an octave. Extensive scale passages.