Cantus, Altus, Tenor, Quintus, Bassus, basso continuo ad libitum - Level 3
Motet. Composed by Heinrich Schutz (1585-1672). Edited by Werner Breig. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. No. 12 from Geistliche Chor-Music. Choral score. SWV 380. 7 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA07972. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA07972).
Item Number: BA.BA07972
ISBN 9790006559428. 27 x 19 cm inches. Language: German, Text Language: German.
Also hat Gott die Welt geliebt- one of the most well-known motets (SWV380) from Heinrich Schutz'Geistliche Chor-Musicis now appearing in a revised separate edition. With the Christian message of salvation based on the words of St. John's Gospel, this motet is suitable for many occasions and is liturgically connected with Whit Monday as well as Advent and Christmas celebrations.
Based on our new Urtext publication of the Geistliche Chor-Music SWV 369-380 (BA 5901), this new octavo presents the motet SWV 380 at original pitch with an integrated basso continuo. The edition is newly engraved and offers a clear and modern layout. Instrumental parts are available separately and can be used to support or replace the vocal parts.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding