Cantus, Quintus, Altus, Tenor, Bassus, basso continuo ad libitum - Level 3
From: Sacred Choral Music SWV 369-380; The five-part motets, Nos. 1-12; Geistliche Chor-Music. Composed by Heinrich Schutz (1585-1672). Edited by Werner Breig. This edition: urtext edition. Stapled. From "Geistliche Chor-Music". Choral score. SWV 372, No. 4. 8 pages. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA07964. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA07964).
Item Number: BA.BA07964
ISBN 9790006559367. 27 x 19 cm inches. Language: German, Text Language: German.
Published in 1648, Heinrich Schutz's"Geistliche Chor-Music"is still regarded as one of his seminal works.
A two-volume performance edition based on Werner Breig's revised new text was published in 2012 and 2013 (BA 5901/BA 5902).
Now selected motets are being issued in separate volumes. They offer a modern notation and layout, retain the original keys and include an integrated figured bass realisation.
In keeping with contemporary performance practice, the 'choral' parts can be performed by instruments as well as voices. Instrumental parts with underlaid words may be purchased separately for performances with instruments (see performance material for BA 5901 and BA 5902).
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding