3 solo alto voices/solo tenor voice/2 solo bass voices/SATB choir/2 violins/basso continuo (10Soprano Voice Solo, 3Alto Voice Solo, Tenor Voice Solo, 2 Bass Voice Solo, SATB Choir, 2 V, Continuo)
Dramma per musica in 3 acts. Composed by Francesco Cavalli (1602-1676). Edited by Alvaro Torrente and Nicola Badolato. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Urtext from Francesco Cavalli - Opere. Study Score. Baerenreiter Verlag #TP00891. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.TP00891).
Item Number: BA.TP00891
ISBN 9790006205356. 27 x 19 cm inches. Language: Italian, Text Language: Italian. Preface: Torrente, Alvaro. Text: Faustini, Giovanni.
La Calistoreceived its first performance in Venice in 1651 but only really achieved its breakthrough in the 20th century.
It is one of Cavalli's most frequently-performed operas today. The reason for this success may have been the late acknowledgement of its masterly dramatic and musical structure.
The musical text is not presented in the usual small study score format, but in the vocal score format (19 x 27 cm). This results in an optimal and well-presented layout of the work.
The study score is ideal for analysis as well as for rehearsing the vocal parts.
- Reduced-size full score based on the first volume of the new Barenreiter series,"Francesco Cavalli - Opere"
- Reflects the latest state of research
- Foreword (Eng) by the editor
- English translation of the libretto included separately (not singable)
- Practical for study and rehearsing the vocal parts
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding