Organ/keyboard - Level 3
Composed by Girolamo Frescobaldi (1583-1643). Edited by Christopher Stembridge; Kenneth Gilbert. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Organ and Keyboard Works. Performance score, anthology. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA8414).
Item Number: BA.BA8414
ISBN 9790006506248. 24 x 30.4 cm inches. Text Language: German/English. Preface: Christopher Stembridge.
With this volume, Baerenreiter is continuing the Frescobaldi Urtext edition which sets new standards offering professional musicians, musicologists and enthusiasts alike an unrivalled musical text.
Volume III includes Frescobaldi's foreword on the performance of his keyboard music ("avvertimenti"), eleven toccatas for organ, the "madrigale passagiatio" "Ancidetemi pur d'Archadelt" (in addition Arcadelt's madrigal of the same name in the Appendix), six canzonas, strictly contrapuntal hymns and Magnificat settings primarily intended for organists, five galliards and six correntes, the "Aria detta La Frescobalda" and three partitas.
Each volume contains an introduction which describes the genesis of the works, the situation regarding sources, performance practice as well as the editorial technique employed. A critical commentary rounds off each volume.
The series is planned to comprise six volumes.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source descrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding