Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - Henle Level 5-7
Capriccios C, c#, f#, b Intermezzi A, a , A-flat, B-flat. Composed by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897). Edited by Katrin Eich. Arranged by Andreas Boyde. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Revised edition, replaces HN 118. Classical. Softcover. 40 pages. G. Henle #HN1184. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481184).
Item Number: HL.51481184
ISBN 9790201811840. 9.25x12 inches.
Brahms mainly composed the eight Piano Pieces op. 76 in summer 1878 in the summer resort of Pörtschach at Lake Wörth. Theodor Billroth, a close friend, was enthusiastic about the new works: “These are magnificent pieces, beautiful and interesting to play. They lie so well under the hand for those who are a little used to Schumann's and Chopin's technique that it is a pleasure to practise them.” As the volume “Piano Pieces” was published in 2011 as part of the Johannes Brahms Complete Edition (HN 6014), Henle is now replacing the previous volume HN 118 with this new one, presenting these'magnificent pieces'in the musical text of the Complete Edition, accompanied by revealing commentaries detailing their genesis and publication.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)