Piano solo (Piano solo) - Henle Level 4-9
Volume 3 Clothbound. Composed by Claude Debussy (1862-1918). Edited by Ernst-Gunter Heinemann. Arranged by Ernst-Guenter Heinemann and Hans-Martin Theopold. Sheet Music. Clothbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Hardcover. 206 pages. G. Henle #HN1197. Published by G. Henle (HL.51481197).
Item Number: HL.51481197
ISBN 9790201811970. 9.5x12.5 inches.
To mark the 150th anniversary of Debussy's birth in 2012, Henle is proud to present a tribute to his piano solo works in three volumes, available as a paperbound or a clothbound edition. As a publishing house whose main focus is on piano music, it was important for Henle to give a special place to the works of Claude Debussy, the innovator of piano style. Thus since the early 1980s they have steadily been publishing single editions of all of Debussy's important works for the piano. Their editor Ernst-Günter Heinemann has worked closely with the French Debussy scholar François Lesure to present Debussy's elaborate music in high quality Urtext editions. Beginning with the “Danse bohémienne” from 1880, all of the single works from their catalog have been drawn together in these three volumes, arranged according to their date of composition. And as a little “encore” we have included the Prélude to the cantata “La Damoiselle élue” in volume I. Each of the three volumes contains true highlights for the piano. But the short and lesser known works also offer a glimpse at the modern classical composer Debussy from a different angle. In addition each volume contains a helpful glossary with all of Debussy's often very vivid performance instructions translated into English and German. Bon anniversaire, Claude Debussy!
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)