8 soprano voice solos, alto voice solo, 4 tenor voice solos, 2 bass voice solos, SATB choir, piano - Level 4
Oratorio in three parts. Composed by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). Edited by Hans Dieter Clausen. Arranged by Andreas Kohs. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Oratorio. Piano reduction. HWV 57. 432 pages. Duration 2 hours. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA04099-90).
Item Number: BA.BA04099-90
ISBN 9790006541270. 27 x 19 cm inches. Language: English, Text Language: German/English. Preface: Hans Dieter Clausen. Text: Newburgh Hamilton.
Handel composed "Samson" directly after completing the "Messiah". After its premiere in 1743 in the Covent Garden Theatre in London, the work rapidly became one of the composer's most successful oratorios alongside "Esther" and "Judas Maccabaeus".
This edition includes some movements in the appendix and as such it is possible for the first time to perform the work in its original 1741 version.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding