Mezzo soprano voice solo/alto voice solo/piano (Mezzo-Soprano Voice Solo, Alto Voice Solo, piano)
From Handel's Operas for Mezzo Soprano and Alto. Composed by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). Edited by Donald Burrows. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. From Handel's Operas. Vocal. Vocal score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA10253. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA10253).
Item Number: BA.BA10253
ISBN 9790006539321. 30 x 23 cm inches. Language: Italian, Text Language: Italian. Preface: Donald Burrows.
Based on the Barenreiter vocal scores, these three volumes contain some of Handel's best-known arias for mezzo-soprano/contralto, tenor and bass, together with some less well-known numbers of equally high musical quality . The arias in these volumes contain works from Handel's thirty-year period as an opera composer in London and give an impression of the variety of this extensive repertoire. The arias display various distinctive technical features and are mostly presented with the preceding recitative or, in a few cases, in the context of an entire scene. The arias appear in the chronological order of the operas. The forewords by Donald Burrows contain detailed notes on Handel's singers and on the context of the arias of the operas.
- Based on the Urtext vocal scores of the Halle Handel Edition
- Detailed forewords (Eng/Ger) by leading Handel expert Donald Burrows
- Text translations of the Italian arias (Eng/Ger)
Recitatives and arias (for mezzo-soprano/contralto, female roles and breeches roles) from: Amadigi, Ariodante, Ezio, Flavio, Giulio Cesare in Egitto, Lotario, Orlando, Radamisto, Rinaldo, Rodelinda, Serse (Xerxes), Tamerlano
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding