Composed by Gerard Bunk. Edited by Jan Boecker and Wolfgang Stockmeier. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Gerard Bunk. Complete Organ Works I \| BARENREITER URTEXT. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09281. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09281).
Item Number: BA.BA09281
ISBN 9790006537150. 30 x 23 cm inches.
Thanks to Max Reger's support, Gerard Bunk (1888-1958), became a lecturer at the Dortmund Conservatory and organist at the famous Walcker organ at St. Reinoldi in Dortmund.
He was one of the greatest organists of the first half of the 20th century who, besides Reger , was able to develop his own, characteristic style.
His organ compositions divide into free individual works, character pieces, chorale preludes and six large-scale concert works. Volume I contains Bunk's early organ works, mostly in first editions.
This Urtext edition, prepared by the composer's grandson, is the result of extensive and painstaking research of the sources; the accompanying text is in two languages (German/English), and the edition reflects the latest musicological findings. Each volume contains a detailed foreword, numerous facsimiles and illustrations and a Critical Commentary in German and English. The complete edition will comprise six volumes.
Bunk's organ works include freely composed pieces, character pieces, chorale preludes and six large-scale concert pieces. The first volume contains all early works.
- Urtext edition edited by the grandson of the composer
- Based on the latest scholarly research and on all available sources
- Detailed preface (Ger/Eng) and critical report (Ger/Eng) in each volume
- Includes numerous facsimile pages and illustrations
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding