Solo soprano voice/piano (Soprano Voice Solo, piano)
Female Roles for High Voice. Composed by George Frideric Handel (1685-1759). Edited by Donald Burrows. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Vocal score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA04295. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA04295).
Item Number: BA.BA04295
ISBN 9790006537273. 30 x 23 cm inches. Language: Italian.
Italian opera was at the centre of Handel's output for over 35 years with solo arias constituting one of the most important elements in Baroque opera. Dramatic roles, with their various moods and reactions, are characterised through arias. A large number of Handel's operas also contain at least one entire scene for two to three voices. These numbers make use not only of similar lyrical or expressive forms of expression such as the arias, but also employ contrapuntal elements as found in Handel's chamber music.
Based on the Barenreiter vocal scores, three volumes were published which contain some of Handel's best-known arias, duets and trios, together with less well-known numbers of equally high musical quality. The arias are arranged chronologically, reflecting the order in which the operas were composed.
The three volumes:
Female roles for high voice (BA 4295)
Male roles for high voice (BA 4296)
Duets, Trios and Ensemble Scenes (BA 4297)
- Unbeatable collections of Handel's most beautiful arias and ensembles
- Musical text based on the Urtext vocal scores of the"Halle Handel Edition"
- Detailed foreword (Eng/Ger) by Donald Burrows on Handel's singers and on the arias in the context of the operas
- Translations of the Italian aria texts (Eng/Ger)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding