Piano Piano solo (Piano solo) - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Frederic Chopin (1810-1849). Edited by Norbert Muellemann. This edition: Urtext Edition, Paperbound, Revised edition. Sheet music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 92 pages. G. Henle #HN862. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480862).
Item Number: HL.51480862
In 1836 Chopin introduced the term "ballad" into piano music with the publication of his Ballad op. 23, although up to then it had only been used in literature and in vocal music. Indeed, all four of Chopin's ballads have the character of a dramatic story: the musical thread is spun with increasing tension throughout the work, reaching a powerful climax at the end. Following the "Preludes", we have now thoroughly re-evaluated this edition and revised it to include the latest scholarly findings. The most significant ones are documented in the printed critical apparatus; the detailed version can be downloaded from the Internet.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.