2 piano - SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Composed by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791). Edited by Ernst Fritz Schmid, Hans-Peter Stenzl, and Volker Stenzl. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Performance score, anthology. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA09161. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA09161).
Item Number: BA.BA09161
ISBN 9790006527687. 31 x 24.3 cm inches. Preface: Manfred Hermann Schmid.
For the first time, Mozart's complete works for two pianos including fragmentary works are published together in one volume. As well as the famous Sonata in D major and the Fugue in C minor, the volume contains the fragmentary Larghetto and Allegro in E-flat major in the contemporary completion by Maximilian Stadler , rediscovered in 1963. The significance which Mozart attached to his Fugue in C minor is reflected in the fact that he arranged it for strings in 1788, when he added an introductory Adagio. This Adagio is included in the appendix of this edition in an arrangement for two pianos. A foreword in German and English by the renowned Mozart scholar Manfred Hermann Schmid discusses questions on the history and development of the works as well as on performance practice.
- Urtext of the New Mozart Edition
- Includes fragments
- With tried and tested fingerings
- Foreword (Ger/Eng) with detailed commentary on the composition of the works and tips on performance practice
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding
About SMP Level 10 (Advanced)
Very advanced level, very difficult note reading, frequent time signature changes, virtuosic level technical facility needed.