Piano Piano, Piano/Keyboard (Piano solo) - SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
Piano Solo. Composed by Frederic Chopin (1810-1849). Edited by Norbert Mullemann. Sheet Music. Paperbound. Henle Music Folios. Classical. Softcover. 90 pages. G. Henle #HN882. Published by G. Henle (HL.51480882).
Item Number: HL.51480882
ISBN 9790201808826. 9.25x12.25 inches.
Frederic Chopin's stay with George Sand on Mallorca in the winter 1838/1839 was ill-fated. Yet Chopin still managed to finish his Preludes there which he had begun to compose in Paris. Today's interpreter not only has to deal with numerous variant readings but also with corrupt performance traditions. The Preludes are the first edition to be completed in our comprehensive Chopin revisions; the editor has taken the latest scholarly findings into account and in the musical text brings to light established variants as well as others which are to be found in the sources. And there is another first here, too: the printed volume contains a shorter critical report - the extensive version with all the details can be downloaded on the Internet.
This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 7-9.
About Henle Urtext
What I can expect from Henle Urtext editions:
- error-free, reliable musical texts based on meticulous musicological research - fingerings and bowings by famous artists and pedagogues
- preface in 3 languages with information on the genesis and history of the work
- Critical Commentary in 1 – 3 languages with a description and evaluation of the sources and explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
- most beautiful music engraving
- page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- excellent print quality and binding
- largest Urtext catalogue world-wide
- longest Urtext experience (founded 1948 exclusively for "Urtext" editions)
About SMP Level 9 (Advanced)
All types of major, minor, diminished, and augmented chords spanning more than an octave. Extensive scale passages.