Cello/orchestra (Cello Solo, 2 Fl(Fl-picc ad lib.), 2 Ob, 2 clarinet, 2 bassoon, 4Hn, 2 Trp, 3trombone, Tb ad lib., timpani, 2 Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass)
Composed by Edward Elgar (1857-1934). Edited by Jonathan Del Mar. This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Study Score. Opus 85. Duration 46 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #TP00398. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.TP00398).
Item Number: BA.TP00398
ISBN 9790006204762. 22.5 x 16.7 cm inches. Key: E minor.
Edward Elgar's concerto for violoncello, his last major work, is a cleanly structured and emotionally charged composition. It is no wonder that this work is of central importance in the violoncello literature.
This study score is based on Jonathan Del Mar's Urtext edition published in 2005.
It contains a new preface by Del Mar and is the last word on this famous work, a reference study score edition for every cellist and concertgoer.
- Urtext Study Score based on the first ever critical edition
- All sources consulted
- With new preface by Del Mar (Eng/Ger)
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- A Critical Commentary explaining all source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding