Samtliche Kantaten, Chorale und Motetten. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). This edition: urtext edition. Paperback. Barenreiter Urtext. Study scores in a sturdy box for shipping. 19 volumes with more than 11,000 pages. Sacred. Study score. 11204 pages. Duration 35 minutes. Baerenreiter Verlag #TP02004. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.TP02004).
Item Number: BA.TP02004
ISBN 9790006204748. 22.8 x 16.5 cm inches.
No group of works in Johann Sebastian BachÕs output is as wide-ranging as the cantatas. This is hardly surprising considering that for over five years Bach was required to compose a work, or at least re-work an existing one, for every Sunday and festival of the church year, as well as for numerous secular occasions such as council inaugurations, school and university celebrations and royal birthdays.Unfortunately, not all cantatas have survived. However, over 200 sacred and secular works exist and form a corpus of works suitable for all possible occasions. This rich musical heritage is still as relevant today as it was then.BŠrenreiterÔs unique edition, which encompasses more than 11,000 pages, includes all cantatas together with the motets, chorales and sacred songs in the Urtext of the ÔNew Bach EditionÕ. As a special extra, the recently rediscovered aria ÔAlles mit Gott und nichts ohnÕ ihnÕ is also included. Only available here is an additional volume with an introduction (German/English) by Christoph Wolff and an index.
About Barenreiter Urtext
What can I expect from a Barenreiter Urtext edition?
- A reliable musical text based on all available sources
- A description of the sources
- Information on the genesis and history of the work
- Valuable notes on performance practice
- Includes an introduction with critical commentary explaining source discrepancies and editorial decisions
... AND PRACTICAL
- Page-turns, fold-out pages, and cues where you need them
- A well-presented layout and a user-friendly format
- Excellent print quality
- Superior paper and binding